(The) Art of Cultivating Lasting Relationships
It is all too easy for us to take our relationships for granted.
In our interactions with our supervisor, a coworker, a friend, a family member or a significant other… we tend to get comfortable with the relationship as it currently is. All too often we take our relationships for granted…and we rationalize that by saying we’re too busy, they’re likely too busy…there’s someone else that will help them… Despite our best intentions, we fail to actively work at deepening our connection with the other person.
This results in miscommunications, an increasing wedge or distance, and sometimes even hurt feelings. Eventually, the relationship may feel stagnant, unfulfilling, or even challenging.
The result is that it can seem like there are no solutions when these problems arise.
This is where relationship-building skills come into play - skills anyone can learn...
It's easy for us to assume that people with strong relationships are born with this ability or that these two people were made for each other.
Though this is partially true, there are actually methods that anyone can use in order to establish strong bonds with others.
But since these skills are not widely known…
...we don’t often don't even consider how we can cultivate better relationship-building skills that lead to lasting relationships in ourselves. It may even be that we don't even know what those skills are!
If we do seek help, we find that much of what we find is superficial, anecdotal, or not based on science.
No wonder so many of us find it difficult to manage difficult relationships, navigate challenging social situations, and nurture the relationships we want.
So what are the best relationship-builders doing that we’re not?
Lots of things...
The following are a few examples that will give you an idea of how powerful lasting relationships are built:
They’re empathetic - Successful relationship-builders understand the feelings and perspectives of those with whom they interact. By being empathetic, they inspire trust and a stronger emotional connection strengthening the bond between two people.
- They let themselves be vulnerable - Great relationship builders know how scary it can be to share parts of yourself. However, they also understand the cost of not opening up will be even higher. They’re willing to be vulnerable in order to create a two-way street for the relationship to thrive and they’re not threatened by their own vulnerability.
- They are caring - In order for a relationship to flourish, both parties must care about one another -- and both must know they are cared for. Those great lasting relationship builders are consistent about demonstrating that they care.
- They are committed - Relationships can only thrive when each person knows and trusts that the other won't walk away due to a conflict. In order to build great lasting relationships, relationship builders remain open to feedback and to the possibility of making changes…within themselves.
You can find these characteristics in anyone who has great success in relationships...
...but cultivating them within ourselves can be challenging. But wanting to improve these characteristics in ourselves is only the first step.
For most of us, structure and guidance will be essential in building these qualities so that they almost become second nature. That’s what we’re here to offer you in The Art of Cultivating Lasting Relationships.
Inside this micro course, you’ll get the entire step-by-step process to create, foster and maintain incredible lasting relationships.
We'll show you everything you need to know about the art of great relationships...how to navigate relationships in different contexts and areas of your life... how to create an environment that is built upon open communication… and much more.
In The Art of Cultivating Lasting Relationships, you’ll also discover:
- The type of mindset you need to create and maintain exceptional relationships (combine this with the specific skills in the course and you’ll grow your relationships in no time).
- Why good relationships do NOT result from big, grand gestures… but from normal everyday interactions.
- 4 keys to building rock-solid relationships that you can start using right away to improve your interactions with loved ones.
- The secret to relationship-building that’s hidden in plain sight.
- How to recognize a special language of relationships (Once you understand it, you’ll be able to “speak it” right away).
- 3 steps to help someone see your point of view when you’re upset or angry in the relationship (By doing so, you can end up strengthening your bond).
- The WRONG way to handle a request for help from a partner, friend, or coworker when they reach out.
- How to handle conflict and repair damage when there’s been a challenge or misunderstanding in the relationship.
- The special role of relationships to your long-term physical and mental health.
- And much, much more!
With The Art of Cultivating Lasting Relationships, you'll find everything you need to build lasting relationships with those around you.
The Art of Cultivating Lasting Relationships draws from the expertise of bestselling authors, psychiatrists, behavioral scientists, spiritual leaders, and researchers.
You'll also be able to practice your skills in the real world through hands-on activities.. In addition, you'll learn how to apply the ideas you learn, so that you can see and feel rapid improvements in your own relationships.
Here's what we'll cover:
Lesson 1: Why Relationships Matter — Lessons from the Harvard Study of Adult Development
Find out what expert researchers have learned about how your relationships impact your mental health and happiness.
Lesson 2: “Bids” — The Heart of Healthy Relationships
Discover the secret language of relationships... and learn how to “speak” it for more positive interactions with loved ones.
Lesson 3: Building Positive Relationships — Four Keys to Rock-Solid Relationships
Deep dive into the mind and behavior of a person who has great relationships, and discover the relationship lessons you can apply to your own life
Lesson 4: Handling Conflict and Repairing Damage
Difficulties are inevitable, even in the strongest relationships. In this lesson, you’ll discover how to move through difficult situations and create a space for healing
By taking this course, you will also learn how to transform your relationships. You can easily apply the information you learn as you work through the guided activities at the end of each lesson. There’s no better way to easily boost your relationship skills.
We will also provide you with a detailed plan to continue to build momentum even after you finish the course.